As a presales manager, you will work closely across various verticals such as product development, engineering, sales and marketing, and project teams / customer relations to understand internal product and service capabilities. Build marketing and sales collaterals showcasing the company’s offerings and capabilities.
Role will also include understanding the customer’s needs and building suitable solutions, working closely with engineering, delivery, and sales teams. You will also be required to actively understand customer preferences and predict future needs for product development.
- Engagement with the customers and understanding of their needs and putting together solutions (products and services) that are aligned with the customers’ demands.
- Responsible for supporting the business development team in putting together compelling proposals in response to RFPs.
- Responsible for bringing in industry/vertical specific expertise into building the solution and validating technical solutions from service delivery team.
- Co-ordinating with 3rd party service providers and integrating their solution components into the overall proposals.
- Plan sales strategies in response to market and competitors’ actions.
- Work in sync with the product development team and develop sustainable and commercially viable products.
- Understand customer needs and make sales presentations.
- Liaise with the marketing team to undertake demand-generating activities such as trade shows, exhibitions, or customer workshops.
- Prepare sales proposals and train sales representatives / executives from time to time.
- Preparation of presentations about the products or services with their value proposition articulated for the usage of the sales team.
- Creation of marketing concepts and responding to customers’ RFP’s and RFI’s for our local and global sales teams.
- Use domain expertise to articulate customer requirements appropriately to product and development teams
- Prepare and deliver solution-based product presentations and demonstrations to customers.
- Execute on customer proof of concepts (POCs).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to present to an audience from C-Level to End User, clearly articulate the value Profile products will bring to an organization, gain trusted advisor respect, and help influence, make well executed systems presentations, and clearly articulate the product’s value.
- A proven track record in pre-sales and/or consultative sales.
- Domain expertise in IOT, Industrial Automation, Digital Factory and smart manufacturing solutions in the industry verticals of Manufacturing, Aerospace/Defence, Medical, Energy.
- Experience in integrating solution components into cohesive proposals that meet the customer requirements and company’s business objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in a start-up environment would be an added advantage.